Sunday, November 15, 2009

The cure for cancer

Imagine that scientists can virtually cure cancer with a pill. A magic pill that reduces your risk of cancer by 75%. The pill is cheap enough for everyone to take. In fact, it's in stores today. It does not require a prescription. Doctors are even taking the pill because studies are showing how effective the pills are. Why aren't you seeing this magic pill being advertised on TV for all?

Because there's no money in it for the drug companies. The magic pill? Nothing more than vitamin D. The recommended daily allowance, however, appears to be too low. Looks like you need at least 1000 IU of vitamin D and likely more than that. Getting a little sun appears to also help. There are also natural sources, but they are unlikely to provide enough with sunshine or supplements.

I can understand the drug companies remaining quiet, but I'd think the non profit cancer societies would start push vitamins to reduce the number of deaths. After all, that is what their purpose is - eliminate cancer. Why don't they promote vitamin D therapy aggressively?

I'd link to articles, but I'm sure new ones will come out. You can google the research. So far, looks like an easy way to fight cancer.

1 Comments:

Blogger Flawed Sanity said...

hmm! I know you told me to take Vitamin D, but I hadn't realized that it was THAT effective?? Do you have an answer to your "non-profit cancer organization" question? Cuz I'd very much like to know!

8:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home